We would like to inform you of the types of cookies found on our website and their intended use, as well as settings, control and deletion of cookies.
This text is prepared by Akbank T.A.Ş., as data controller, within the scope of the Communiqué on the Principles and Procedures for Fulfilling the Obligation of Disclosure and Article 10 of the Law on the Protection of Personal Data No. 6698 (“KVKK”).
The purpose of this text is to inform you about which type of cookies we use for what purposes and how you can manage these cookies regarding the processing of personal data obtained automatically through the placement of cookies used on our website on your device.
Without ever disclosing any personal data, you may visit our website, and get information about our products and services, and meet your needs. Some cookies are used for collection of information about use of our website in such visits. Our intention is to provide facilities to users visiting our website and to further improve the modus operandi thereof.
What is a Cookie?
Cookie is a small text file sent to your computer or mobile device through your web browser when you visit a website. Cookies allow a website to run more efficiently in addition to ensuring the presentation of personalized web pages in order to make you live a faster visit experience which is more fit to your specific personal needs and demands. Containing only data on your website visit history via internet, cookies do not collect any information, also including your personal data/files stored on your computer or mobile device.
Types of Cookies and Their Intended Purposes
There are two types of cookies, namely Persistent and Temporary Cookies, depending on the validity time thereof. Temporary cookies are generated at the time you visit the internet website and are valid and in vigor only until you shut down your browser. On the other hand, persistent (or permanent) cookies are generated upon your visit to the internet website and remain thereat until you delete them or they expire out. Persistent cookies are used for such transactions as providing you with a personalized experienced fit to your settings.
The types of cookies and their intended purposes are explained in detail below.
Strictly Necessary Cookies||These are essential for the proper functioning and operation of our website.
For example, our website uses strictly necessary cookies for such purposes as identity verification, and retention of information concerning your current login. Used only for purposes such as security and verification, these cookies are not utilized for any marketing purposes.
Functionality Cookies||Functionality Cookies These cookies enable the website to remember the preferences of users visiting our website. For instance, the language preference or text font size selection is stored on website memory if this type of cookie is allowed. If not, a feature of the website customized for you may not be remembered and your selections/preferences will be prevented from being stored on website memory.|
Performance and Analysis Cookies||These types of cookies help in improving our website. They collect data regarding how visitors use the website. They are also utilized to understand whether or not the website is functioning properly and to identify and determine errors detected. |
Targeting and Marketing Cookies||Targeting and Marketing Cookies These cookies are used to promote products and services on our website or on other platforms than our website, to display relevant and personalized advertisement to you together with our collaborating partners, and to measure efficiency of advertisement campaigns.|
Your rights listed in Article 11 of the Law on Personal Data Protection (LPPD)
Pursuant to the provisions of the LPPD, you can use the following rights by applying to AKBANK T.A.Ş.:
- To learn whether the personal data are processed or not,
- To request information if the personal data are processed,
- To learn the purpose of personal data processing and whether this data is used for intended purposes,
- To know the third parties to whom your personal data is transferred at home or abroad,
- To request the rectification of the incomplete or inaccurate personal data, if any,
- To request the erasure or destruction of personal data,
- To request that the third parties to whom personal data have been transferred be notified of the actions regarding the correction, erasure or destruction of personal data,
- To object to any unfavorable result that they suffer due to analysis of processed data only by means of automatic systems;
- To request compensation for the damage arising from the unlawful processing of your personal data.
The requests submitted in this framework shall be concluded by AKBANK T.A.Ş. free of charge within thirty days at the latest. However, where the Personal Data Protection Board prescribes a fee, our Bank may charge the fee set forth in the tariff.
Meeting Your Demands
The LPPD gives the relevant persons the right to make a request regarding which personal data are processed in which processes and the current status of such data.
Pursuant to Article 13 of the LPPD, which regulates the "Application to the Data Controller", the relevant person / data subject must submit their requests regarding the implementation of the Law to the data controller in writing. Therefore, in order for your request to be evaluated, you must submit your application in writing.
As a bank, requests from data owners are replied within 30 days. In this context, we would like to remind you that your written applications to be made in relation to this matter may be accepted following the verification of your identity by us.
If you wish to contact us for your requests, you can convey your related applications and requests, by using the Data Subject Request Formunder the Information and request forms on our website;
- You can send it to our branches, Sabancı Center 34330 4.Levent/Beşiktaş-Istanbul address together with your identity documents and petition containing your request, and send it through a notary public,
- You can send it to firstname.lastname@example.org with a secure electronic signature.
- You may send your applications in writing through our direct channels.
If you wish to withdraw your Explicit Consent you have given to our Bank;
- You can cancel your preference from the "personal data processing and campaign information" section on all digital channels, especially Akbank Mobile Banking,
- You can forward your request to our branches and Customer Communication Center.
How Are They Collected?
Data are collected through the devices that you use to access browsers. The data collected are special to the devices utilized. It is possible for the user to delete the data from the device at any time, thereby blocking the access to such information.
Your confidentiality is important for us, and your privacy and security rights are our basic principles. Our Bank’s system and internet infrastructure is kept at the most reliable level and all of the required actions are taken in order to safeguard and protect the privacy and confidentiality of personal data of our customers.
In this regard, please check our
public disclosure text on protection of personal data.
How to control cookies?
You can delete cookies already present on your computer and prevent the recording/location of cookies on your internet explorer.
Internet browsers are predefined so as to automatically accept the cookies as a default. As the management of cookies varies from browser to browser, you may look at the help menu of browser or application in order to get detailed information.
"Google Chrome “Settings->Advanced-> Privacy and Security->Site Settings->Cookies and Site Data -> Allow sites to save and read cookie data”.
You can follow these steps to manage cookies on Internet Explorer: -> Settings -> Internet Options-> Privacy -> Advanced Settings"
Most internet explorers allow you to do the following:
- To monitor the recorded cookies and delete any cookies you wish
- To prevent the third party cookies
- To prevent the cookies incoming from certain sites
- To prevent all cookies whatever they are
- To delete all cookies when you shut down the internet explorer
If you opt to delete the cookies, all your choices available in the relevant website will also be deleted. Furthermore, if you opt to prevent all cookies entirely, many websites, including the websites belonging to Akbank, may not operate properly.
Controlling cookies on your mobile device
For Apple products:
- You can delete your browsing history and cookies by following these steps:"Settings -> Safari -> Clear History and Website Data"
- You can follow these steps to delete cookies but keep your history:
"Settings -> Safari -> Advanced -> Website Data -> Remove All Website Data"
- If you don’t want your device to store history data while you visit websites, you can follow these steps to activate Private Browsing Mode;
icon -> Private -> Done"
- You can block all cookies by following these steps:
"Settings -> Safari -> Block All Cookies". However, when you block all cookies, some websites and features may not operate properly.
For Android devices:
- You can delete your cookies by following these steps:
"Chrome application -> Settings -> Privacy -> Clear Browsing Data -> Cookies, media licenses and site data -> Clear Browsing Data".
- You can allow or block cookies by following these steps:
"Chrome application -> Settings -> Site Settings -> Cookies".